BTSMSMapFix

I've found that bluetooth SMS messaging doesn't interact too well with some car head units. In particular, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep "uconnect" systems have issues understanding SMS originators with many kitkat phones. The reason is simple: "uconnect" (and other head units, I suppose) expect bluetooth map "vcards" to have an originator phone number in a raw (unformatted) format, while AOSP kitkat puts in pretty formatted phone numbers.

Good: +12345678901
Bad: (234) 567-8901

(after checking the vcard specs, it turns out that AOSP is violating the vCard spec by not using a phone number "...in a canonical form
in order to specify an unambiguous representation of the globally unique telephony endpoint." I've submitted a bug to google on this: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=70160 )

This module resolves that little issue.

Don't expect too much support on this. I wrote it to fix an issue for my wife with her LG G2, and it just so happens that LG is using the AOSP MAP code pretty much intact. She's happy, so I consider my support contract fulfilled.

I've tested this on the G2, but not on anything running AOSP.

Package source is posted in XDA thread.

Author(s): 
Package: 
org.garyndenise.xposed.btsmsmapfix
Version name: 
1.1
Release type: 
Stable (low risk of bugs)
Number of downloads: 
16,186 in total · 0 in the last 24 hours
MD5 checksum: 
d855501b41b6666870d440787082a733
Uploaded on: 
Saturday, May 31, 2014 - 03:18
Changes: 

adds support for CDMA devices.. tested on verizon Samsung Galaxy S5. Also corrects recipient vcards to use proper E164 phone numbers (instead of whatever slop might be in a user's contact list.)

Version name: 
1.0
Release type: 
Stable (low risk of bugs)
Number of downloads: 
1,692 in total · 0 in the last 24 hours
MD5 checksum: 
91df9f10185778f6685cae85d814ac40
Uploaded on: 
Sunday, May 25, 2014 - 19:20