XDictionary adds a quick dictionary search popup button to text you select. The popup is extremely non-intrusive (similar to iOS), and appears next to the Paste/Replace buttons. It then opens the definition of the selected word.
Now, you don't need to bother with opening your dictionary app, typing in the whole word and hitting search - it's essentially just a one-click procedure.
IMPORTANT: Open the app to let the module completely download the dictionary data on the first run. If there are any force closes, delete the xdictionary folder on your external storage, and reboot.
- Currently only works in text input fields where Paste/Replace do show up. Making it global for all text is high priority.
- Supports only English. Support for other languages may or may not happen, depends on the response.
- Requires around 30 megabytes of free space on external storage (external memory/SD cards).
- Occasional force-closes due to a bug in folder creation. Fixed with a reboot.
- May break for certain OEM skins, or custom ROMs with heavily modified UIs.
If you guys liked the module, consider donating - it's lovely to receive appreciation! Buy the Google Play version. :)
- Added offline dictionary support; dictionary files reside on your external memory/SD card.
Added popup windows and Toast notifications (donate version) for definitions.