Inspeckage - Android Package Inspector
Through the hooks applied to some functions of Android API, we can better understand what an Android application is doing at runtime.
Inspeckage will let you interact with some elements of the app, such as activities and providers (even unexported ones), and apply some settings on Android.
How it works?
It is a simply application with an internal HTTP server providing a friendly web interface.
- New tab "+ Hooks". Now the user can specify new hook's dynamically.
- collapsible app info area
- some bug fixes
New logcat.html page. A experimental page with websocket to show some information from the logcat.
Fix the backpressed crash
Fix intent launch not found
Improvements in the Start Activity option
This is the first version.
With Inspeckage, we can get a good amount of information about the application's behavior:
== Information gathering
* Requested Permissions;
* App Permissions;
* Shared Libraries;
* Exported and Non-exported Activities, Content Providers,Broadcast Receivers and Services;
* Check if the app is debuggable or not;
* Version, UID and GIDs;
== Hooks (so far)
With the hooks, we can see what the application is doing in real time:
* Shared Preferences (log and file);
* HTTP (an HTTP proxy tool is still the best alternative);
* File System;
* Miscellaneous (Clipboard, URL.Parse());
With Xposed it's possible to perform actions such as start a unexported activity and much else:
* Start any activity (exported and unexported);
* Call any provider (exported and unexported);
* Disable FLAG_SECURE;
* SSL uncheck;
* Start, stop and restart the application.
* APK Download;
* View the app's directory tree;
* Download the app's files;
* Download the output generated by hooks in text file format;
* Take a screen capture;
Even though our tool has some hooks to the HTTP libraries, using an external proxy tool is still the best option to analyze the app's traffic. With Inspeckage, you can:
* Add a proxy to the target app;
* Enable and disable proxy;
* Add entries in the arp table.