see this Thread for more information
If you want to customize AOD,you must pay attention to the following points
1.AOD version should be 1.3.07 or higher (the latest is 1.3.14)
2.AOD content should be 'Clock', doesn't support 'Calendar' or 'Image' type now.
3.If you want use your own image to replace the default AOD backgroud image, you should:
- give AODService storage permission.
- put you own image at /mnt/sdcard/ and it's name must be 'aod_wallpaper.png'
- the image size better to be 1600×2440,same as the default.
4.About replace the missed message app:
- You'd better use default TouchWiz launcher, 3rd launcher may can't use this feature now.
- Only those app which can show badge count that can be choose from the candidate list, beacuse AOD read and show app's badge count, not the Notification count.
- I'm still working on find a better way to solve the above two problems.Now if you can't use this feature normally, this mode also has a tasker plugin and you can use tasker to control the badge count.Not a good solution but can work.
require new permisssion "android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" for folder chooser
For aod 1.4 user
1. Each app only show one icon in notification panel
2. And a blacklist for notification panel
3. Random custom image(for the last aod layout)
For aod 1.3 user:
My suggestion is don't update,just use 184.108.40.206
For aod 1.4 user:
1. aod_wallpaper size changed to 1600x1600,other size image will be scale.
2. Switch on the display music option,otherwise you won't see the native music info panel.
3. Old style missed event(icon with unread num) is no longer supported,you can choose to show n7 style notification panel with 3rd party supported.
Must give AodService notification access from: Settings - Lock Screen & Security - Other Security Settings - Notification Access
4. Some features may invalid in ultra power saving mode.
1.Fixes some bugs.
2.Display current playing music info.(Experimental)
1.You can control the display of each part of the AOD.
2.You can choose up to 4 apps to show their latest notification content in AOD.(Experimental)
3.You can show AOD in landscape mode.When in landscaper mode,put your own AOD wallpapers in '/mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpapers_landscape/'.(Experimental,has conflict with night clock mode)
fix a bug that database file doesn't be closed.
try to fix an oom error.
Remove useless log.
Try to fix a bug that sometimes missed message count doesn't show.
1.Support random AOD wallpapers.Create a folder names 'aod_wallpapers' under /mnt/sdcard/,put any images you like in it,no matter what the names ther are,then done.
Something you should know:
- If the file '/mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpapers/aod_wallpaper.png' exists, then it will be shown all the time.It has the highest priority.
- If the file mentioned before doesn't exist,other files in '/mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpapers/' will be random shown.
- If the folder 'aod_wallpapers' doesn't exist, and '/mnt/sdcard/aod_wallpaper.png' exists,this image will be shown like in 1.0.4 version,it has the lowest priority.So if you don't need this new feature,you don't need to make any changes.
2.Missed message support Gmail.
How to do:
- First, click 'Select Gmail account'
- Second, select a label of this account,Aod will show the unread mail in the label.(If this option is diabled and you can't select,open Gmail app,wait some seconds then go back,it will be OK)
- Last,choose Gmail from the missed message list.
3.A new Tasker plugin about EdgeLighting.
You can use this plugin to show EdgeLighting with any color.You must has PeopleStripe.Apk isntalled to use EdgeLighting.