The main goal of this Xposed module is to change the number of volume steps on your device. When listening to music, 15 steps just wasn't precise enough for me. VolumeSteps+ aims to be an open source, user-friendly and configurable module to adjust the number of volume steps. It is able to adjust the number of volumesteps for multiple streams and more.
- Change the number of volume steps for the alarm, music, notification, ringer, system and in-call streams.
- Ability to change it to somewhere between 5 and 50 steps.
- Automatically changes the safe headset volume warning to comply with the new number of music steps.
- Completely disable the safe headset volume warning.
- Use the music volume as default for the Volume Panel when pressing the volume buttons.
- More to come, request it!
- After changing your settings, reboot.
- After installing, enable the module and reboot.
- After upgrading, reboot.
This module is compatible with ICS (4.0) up to Marshmallow (6.0). It's not working correctly on most Samsung, some HTC Stock roms and LG devices running Marshmallow, because they heavily changed the audio implementation. There's nothing I can do about it and support can't be added unfortunately, read my official statement. It probably is compatible with Gingerbread, but is untested and unsupported. For LG devices running stock KitKat roms, there's a compatibility mode option in the settings you need to enable.
Having any problems?
- Make sure you've rebooted your phone after making changes.
- Make sure the module is enabled in Xposed Installer and you rebooted afterwards.
- Make sure you're using the most recent version.
Still not solved?
- Send me your Xposed Log (found in Xposed Installer). It might give me a clue about what's going on.
- Mention the device and rom you're using. Your rom is probably imcompatible because of adjustments made by its manufacturer.
Any comments, requests or questions?
- I'm open to feedback, just say it!
- If you want a feature to be added and asked it nicely, I will consider it.
- If you have any questions or comments, name it in my XDA-thread.
VolumeSteps+'s source code is release under the GNU GPL v3 license.
- Volume keys to control the music stream now works on Lollipop 5.0 and 5.1
- Marshmallow 6.0 compatibility (experimental): untested due to the lack of a Marshmallow device to test, so please let me know if it works! :)
- Compatibility mode for LG devices running stock KitKat roms, thanks to P_Toti for his help! There's an option in the settings to enable it.
- Added support for changing the system volume steps
- French translation by Micks29
- Greek translation by Vagelis1608
- Small internal improvements
- Fixed ICS and Jelly Bean compatibility, I'm sorry for this! All my devices run KitKat. (Gingerbread probably works too, but this is untested and unsupported)
- Option to use the music volume as default for the Volume Panel when pressing the volume buttons
- The dialog for setting the volume steps now increments by steps of 1
- Added support for changing the notification volume steps
- Internal changes and improvements
- Russian translation, thanks Roman!
Everyone thanks for the feedback you gave and to the person who bought me a beer (donated)! By the way, it turned out it's not working correctly on most Samsung and some HTC Stock roms, because they heavily changed the audio implementation. There's nothing I can do about it and support can't be added unfortunately, read my official statement.