Ok Google for 3rd party launchers / apps (4.4+)
This module enables Ok Google on 3rd party launchers on KitKat and above.
It also allows you to enable the hotword on apps you pick, useful for car launchers or other situations where you need Ok Google.
Requires 4.4+ and a newish version of Google Search (confirmed working on 3.4+)
- All launchers, as of 1.2
Tested OEM launchers:
- Xperia Stock Launcher
- HTC Sense 6 / Blinkfeed
- TouchWiz (S5 has this built in)
- LG Launcher
This works by using the same method OEMs use to add "Ok Google" to their home screen, as seen on the Galaxy S5 and the LG G3.
Launcher developers: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Ok-Google-Hotword-Lib
- Fixed bug where only one Activity was loaded for any one package
- Remove Google Search from activity list and ignore it when loading settings, it should NOT be added.
- Fixed crash on devices with an empty launcher list
1.2.4 (removed due to regression):
- Fixed a copy/paste error. Saving times wastes it.
1.2.3 (removed due to regression):
- Fixed Apex launcher not working
1.2.2 (removed due to regression):
- Fixed typo in code cause a hook error
- Check if launcher uses the lib and do nothing if so
1.2 (removed due to regression):
- All launchers supported, for real this time
- You can now select apps to enable the hotword on
- Support all launchers (hopefully), you need to open the app to refresh the list of launchers. The app can be hidden through the overflow menu.
- Inspire Launcher support
- Hit or miss attempt at hooking launchers following a certain pattern
- LG Launcher support
- Launcher3 support (includes Trebuchet)
- Aviate Launcher support
- Dodol Launcher support
- KK Launcher support
- ADW Launcher support
- Action Launcher support