Tinted Status Bar [BETA]
This module is in beta (revision 8). Expect bugs on untested devices. I have made all precautions to ensure devices don't explode, but you may or may not encounter some bugs depending on how invasive your OEM's changes are.
Tinted Status Bar allows you to change the status bar colour based on the currently running application.
As of BETA 5, this is done automatically for apps that have a standard Action Bar. If an application does not change the status bar colour, configure it to do so manually in the settings app, the values in this spreadsheet will help you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AibKJwYV-sTfdF9MZmk3a1JqZ2Z...
Devs, you can add support to your apps with this simple API https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Tinted-Status-Bar/blob/master/src/c...
Please visit the support thread for more details about compatibility and current issues.
- Plugin downloader
- MIUI V5 support
- Navigation bar overlay support
- Configurable overlays
- Support for CM's different battery modes by GermainZ
- DEV: Added gradle build files for Android Studio (thanks GermainZ)
- Fixed bugs, full changes on Github
- Plugin support, Xposed modules can now extend apps to better detect colours!
- Incorrect color was being used in clock fallback hook
- Lockscreen default tint for KitKat, if I had a $1 every time it was asked about on the thread...
- LG G3 support by P-Toti
- Better detection of floating windows
- Pressing back in the notification colour picker goes back to original app
- Fix apps not being excluded from reverse tinting
- Removed tints for some auto tinting apps
- Updated translations
- LG G2 support by P-Toti
- Improved traffic meter detection
- Removed default Google+ tint since it auto tints now
- Gradient defaults to false as per UI checkbox now
- Action bar only reverse tints if it's visible
- FIXED: Race condition when app is closed with keyboard open
- FIXED: Icons forced to white on status bar shouldn't affect linked navigation bar
- FIXED: GermainZ's notification color picker broke when we changed stuff in Eclipse
- Updated translations
- Fix for gradient on Samsung devices
Preview release of 1.9.
- KitKat gradient can now be enabled over tints (does not require KitKat, requires reboot)
- Reverse tinting of action bar (always or on per app basis).
- Dialog themed activities now ignored (thanks to GermainZ)
- Notification ActionBar color picker by GermainZ.
- Support for center clock and traffic in most ROMs
- React to action bar visibility now on per app basis
- Enabled setting is now respected in ActionBar hooks
- Support for TouchWiz 4.4 battery percentage
- Fixed issues with some tablets picking up wrong colours
- React to ActionMode state and SearchDialogs (thanks GermainZ)
- React to immersive mode changes
- Fix icon colour being linked in nav bar when linking disabled.
- HTC One (M8) / Sense 6 support (changes HTC's implementation to gradients for compatibility reasons)
- Moto G support
- Fix NullPointerException on Xperia ROMs (thanks greg2001)
- Korean translation by Splendid
- Indonesian translation by Diaz1999
- Respect KitKat transparency API
- Per-app linking
- Disabling a package now correctly disables it from ActionBar changes
- UI improvements by GermainZ
- Fix ICS incompatibility with backgrounds (thanks zst123)
- Lights out changes were supposed to be disabled by default, fixed
- Updated translations (thanks WedyDQ10, Schokonuss)
Changelog coming up...
Too many updates eh? Sorry about that, just some quick polishing...
- Restored defaults for Google Chrome and Google+
- Navigation bar IM tints are applied immediately, a SystemUI restart was required before.
- Linking status bar and nav bar toggle also required a SystemUI restart, fixed.
- Previews for default tints in settings didn't work, fixed.
- Duplicate string in settings for navigation bar tint and icon tint, fixed.
- Fixed SystemUI crashes on CM11. CM11 has some methods removed in nav bar, for whatever reason...
- Implemented navigation bar icon tinting.
- Manual navigation bar tinting when keyboard is visible
- Link status bar and navigation bar colors
- Reverted to MULTIPLY as default
- Experimental settings no longer experimental.
- Animations can be disabled by default, disabled is now default.
- Detect if API has ActionBar, this should help with Gingerbread porting if anyone feels like doing it without removing code.
- GravityBox icon coloring support.
- Tint changes if ActionBar visibility changes, this is useful in apps like YouTube and Google Play Music, where part of the UI slides up.
- Navigation Bar tinting, icons can't be tinted yet.
- Android 4.4 fixes, the battery should be colored now.
- Fix for the ActionBar turning white.
- Use ActionBar text color to detect correct icon tint, HSV used as fallback now.
- If a user tries to change GEL values, they're correctly directed to the Google Search app.
- Switched to PorterDuff.Mode.SRC_ATOP for system icons, icons should now be colored correctly.
- KitKat gradient for all supported Android versions, use 66000000 as the color to apply this.
- HTC fixes
- Lockscreen tinting now supported