The newer Play Store versions bring the following changes in regards to permissions:
- Permissions are now shown under vague categories when you press the "Update"/"Install" buttons. 42 permissions are also hidden from this screen (list below). To see almost all individual permissions, you can scroll down and tap "View details". Also note that unknown permissions (those defined by apps) are usually hidden in both screens.
- Auto-updates only check for new categories, not new permissions.
For more info, I'd recommend you read this article by pulser_g2.
This module aims to fix this problem for users who care about permissions. It'll do the following:
- Make the Play Store show you all of the app's permissions.
- Require you to manually update apps with new permissions (regardless of the category).
It more or less restores the old behavior.
- Added support for recent versions of the Google Play store (tested with v6.0.5). Backwards compatibility with previously supported versions should be preserved. (Patch by @pR0Ps, thanks!)
- Added Italian translation (patch by @TimeFireDS), improved French translation (patch by @Micks29).
Many thanks to all contributors!
This version should be compatible with Google Play Store 5.4.12 and above. Please don't install it if you're still running an older version.
- Don't capitalize unknown permissions (e.g. "com.package.permission" should not be shown as "Com.package.permission").
- Add Polish translation (by veteran29).
- FC fix.
- Updated French translation.
- New translations: Brazilian, Swedish, Dutch and Czech. Thanks to all translators.
- Installable on Gingerbread and higher.
- Added German, Spanish, Slovenian and French translations.
- Forgot to lower minSdkVersion (this version can be installed on 4.0+ instead of 4.4+).
- Very minor code change.