Swype is an amazing IME, and it has been my favorite for a long time. However, it has some faults. The biggest annoyance is voice dictation: Dragon is forced on you and there is no good way to use Google's superior voice recognition.
This module opens the Google voice typing input when you hit the Dragon flame. It should act just like any other keyboard that has a voice button.
Additionally, there are options to change some colors and other tweaks.
This should work with all recent versions of Swype, including OEM, Google Play paid, Google Play trial, etc. If you have any problems, please let me know.
Removed some code that caused a disappearing microphone button for a user
Lowered minimum time threshold for long pressing keys
Changed "Long press enter" to "long press speech key", since doing a long press on the enter key doesn't work anymore
Removed emoji disabler, since there is now a setting built into Swype.
An option has been added to disable emoji in the word suggestion bar. This excellent feature was written by arpruss and is included with permission.
- More color customization
- Color pickers for changing color
- Show microphone key instead of Dragon Flame when the replacement is enabled
- Better performance for trace color change
Note: If you already had a custom trace color, it will be lost and you'll need to set it again.
- You can now change the trace color
- Long pressing enter can change between keyboards
- Better error handling
- This should now work with all recent versions of Swype (OEM, both Play Store versions, etc.) I changed the mechanism of how it launches Google Voice Recognition, so please let me know if this causes any problems. It should act exactly the same.
- Added an option to launch the iWnn emoji keyboard when long pressing the Enter key (assuming iWnn is installed.)
- Added settings activity to enable/disable features (more are planned.)
Very minor update to allow this to work with the trial version of Swype.
Also added better logging for support.